Physical activity through athletic participation is a great way for our students to become and stay healthy. We encourage all of our students to be involved in at least one sport at Gateway. In order for your child to be eligible to participate in athletics offered at Gateway this upcoming school year there are several required forms and fees that must be submitted for your child’s safety and to assure eligibility. The following is a list of requirements for your child’s participation:
1. All returning athletes, and new athletes, entering the 7th grade through the 12th grade must have an annual physical examination. The attached Physical Evaluation Form is the only physical form accepted due to UIL regulations. IMPORTANT: Physicals must be dated on or after May 1, 2019 to be accepted for the 2019-2020 school year.
2. All returning athletes, and new athletes, must also complete all the other listed UIL required forms.
Click on the appropriate button on this web site to download the UIL forms.
3. TWO emergency forms must be filled out completely (one form travels with the team and the other form stays at the school).
4. Primary Health Insurance: The Orenda Charter School District does not provide personal health insurance for athletes, and is not responsible for the cost of health care treatment for athletic related injuries or illness. Therefore, it is highly recommended that all students who are participating in athletics also have personal health insurance.
5. The UIL Athletic Fee/THSLL Lacrosse Fees must be paid when submitting the completed athletics packet.
• UIL Athletic Fee Grades 7 to 12: $250 per participant (covers participation in all UIL sports)
• THSLL Lacrosse Fee: Grades 5 to 8: $400 per participant- Grade 9 to 12: $500 (covers THSLL Lacrosse and all UIL sports participation)
These fees are waived or reduced only for active Gator Club members or volunteers*. The UIL Athletic and THSLL Lacrosse fees will be returned if the athlete does not make a school team roster. This fee is non-refundable if the athlete quits a team after given a roster spot.
*Please see the school “Fee Schedule” posted on the school web site “Admissions” section for details on the fee waiver and discounts for Gator Club Members.
6. The physical examination form, all other listed UIL athletic forms, and UIL Athletic Fee or THSLL Lacrosse fees, should be submitted before the school year begins, before the start of the athletic season for volleyball and cross country athletes, and no later the third day of school.
**No athlete will be allowed to begin participation in athletics until all athletic forms and fees have been submitted and on file**
Only completed packets will be accepted. Do not give the completed forms to coaches. Do not mail in the athletic packet or send them through intercampus mail.
Submit your completed forms and fees to:
• The Orenda Education district office at 2951 Williams Drive in Georgetown (behind Taco Bell)
at the front desk anytime Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (except holidays);
• Or, during the August Student Orientation to Gateway College Preparatory Aux. Gym;
• Or, during school hours, to the Gateway College Prep School campus at 3360 Westinghouse Road, Georgetown in the Student Union building front reception area. The completed packet of forms and fees must be given to the Administrative Assistant Jennifer David to be forwarded to the athletic department office at Orenda Education.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Gateway Athletic Department at 512-869-3020, Attn. Kelly Miller, Executive Assistant.