Physical activity through athletic participation is a great way for our students to become and stay healthy. We encourage all of our students to be involved in at least one sport at Gateway. In order for your child to be eligible to participate in athletics offered at Gateway this upcoming school year there are several required forms and fees that must be submitted for your child’s safety and to assure eligibility. The following is a list of requirements for your child’s participation:
1. All returning athletes, and new athletes, entering the 7th grade through the 12th grade must have a physical examination. The attached Physical Evaluation Form is the only physical form accepted due to UIL regulations. IMPORTANT: Physicals must be dated on or after May 1, 2021 to be accepted for the 2021-2022 school year.
2. All returning athletes, and new athletes, must also complete the online registration. Use the Athletic Registration tab on www.GatewayAthletics.org
3. Primary Health Insurance: The Orenda Charter School District does not provide personal health insurance for athletes and is not responsible for the cost of health care treatment for athletic related injuries or illness.Therefore, it is highly recommended that all students who are participating in athletics also have personal health insurance.
5. The UIL Athletic Fee/THSLL Lacrosse Fees must be paid before a student is eligible to participate and no later than August 27th.
UIL Athletic Fee Grades 7 to 12: $275 (covers participation in all UIL sports)
(covers THSLL Lacrosse and all UIL sports participation)
These fees are waived or reduced only for active Gator Club members or volunteers*. The UIL Athletic and THSLL Lacrosse fees will be returned if the athlete does not make a school team roster. This fee is non-refundable if the athlete quits a team after given a roster spot.
*Please see the school “Fee Schedule” posted on the school web site “Admissions” section for details on the fee waiver and discounts for Gator Club Members.
6. The physical examination form, medical history form, athletic handbook acknowledgement form, and UIL Athletic Fee or THSLL Lacrosse fees, should be submitted before the school year begins, before the start of the athletic season for volleyball and cross country athletes, and no later the third day of school. Students that have NOT completed the athletic registration and submitted fees by August 27th will be moved to PE.
**Athletes will NOT be allowed to begin participation until all athletic forms and fees have been submitted. **
Do not give the completed forms to coaches. Do not mail in the athletic forms or send them through intercampus mail.
Submit your completed forms and fees to:
Gateway College Prep School - Front Office, Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (except holidays);
Or, during the August Student Back to School Night;
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Gateway Athletic Department at 512-868-4947, ext 2101, Kelly Miller, Administrative Assistant to Athletic Director.